This month I was so excited to see California on my roster! I grew up watching Full House and That’s so Raven so it was always on my bucket list to visit the “Painted Ladies” in San Francisco. I was hopeful the weather would be clear and sunny but unfortunately it was cloudy most of the day so we couldn’t see the Golden Gate Bridge. Next time for sure!
Before heading out to explore the city we had breakfast at a popular brunch location “Dottie’s True Blue Cafe“, which was featured on the Food Network and has been serving for 20+ years.
I had oatmeal and a side of pancakes. Delicious start to the day! It was very busy so we had to wait for about 30 min to get a seat. We didn’t have a fully packed schedule for the day so we were alright with waiting.
On the second day we tried out another popular brunch location called “Taylor Street Coffee Shop” on, can you guess… Taylor Street.
I had a cup of tea and the Oats and Honey Granola Parfait. It came with fresh mixed berries and I loved it!
If you’re looking for cute breakfast locations that have unique decorations and interior, I recommend these two. Let me know your favorite breakfast places below in the comments!
I created a To Do list for San Francisco and got to check off a few things during this layover.
- Dottie’s True Blue Cafe √
- Taylor Street Coffee Shop √
- Blue Bottle Cafe
- Eight Am
- The Grove Cafe
- Cafe De Casa
Popular To- Do
- Visit the “Painted Ladies” and take a walk through the scenic neighborhood √
- Visit Fisherman’s Wharf √
- Take a guided tour of Alcatraz (book in advance)
- Visit Pier 39 and say hi to the sea lions
- See Lombard Street √
- Ride a cable car √
- Go on a Hop On Hop Off bus tour √
- Go on a boat tour
- Visit Golden Gate Promenade √
- Visit Golden Gate park
- Visit City Hall √
- Shopping in Union Square √
- City Lights Booksellers (famous bookstore)
- Ferry Building Marketplace
- Westfield San Francisco Center √
Parks & Active Activities
- San Francisco Botanical Gardens
- Hidden Garden Steps
- Mission Dolores Park
- Lafayette Park
- San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito Bike Tour
I posted a few stories on my Instagram during my layover:
Have you ever been to San Francisco? What was your favorite thing to do or see?
If you live in the city, do you have any local insider tips? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!
Thank you for reading ♥